Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Brewing Knowledge & Experience..



I received an invite from the Technopreneurs Association of Malaysia (TeAM) today and it went something like this :

"What would it feel like to be able to share a day with Nobel Peace Prize winner Dr. Muhammad Yunus of Grameen Bank and at the same time to share a word and a handshake with President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hilary Clinton? To also be one of only a select few in the world to be invited to the Presidential Summit on Entrepreneurship and spend a month in the USA as a guest of the US government visiting select Universities like Harvard and Stanford, Entrepreneurial companies and government agencies and studying the Entrepreneur ecosystem in the USA, now that would be 'awesome' in his own words"

Until the words "Presidential Summit" appeared, I was wondering who the invite was talking about ! Thank you TeAM for such a nicely worded invite.

Anyway, the invite then went on to give a link to this blog and to my horror I realized how long it has been since I updated the blog.

No, not that I have forgotten meeting all those great people, but the last four weeks has been meetings with more and more great people who have impacted many industries and lives !

To be absolutely honest, I plead guilty for not updating and sharing my experience as diligently as I would like to and as I have promised at the beginning of the project.

However, it has been a challenge - 4 weeks of meetings and on the average of 3 intense meetings a day and then some time to experience each city, dinners and even home hospitality I am usually invited to by kind American families.

Then when I get back to my hotel room, I talk to my family via Skype for a few minutes and before I know it, I am being woken up by the hotel ..."this is your wake up call, it is 7am". I then either go for a run or run for the next meeting that starts early.

However, I have been keeping notes, taking photographs and like any good beer or wine, my knowledge and experience is brewing or fermenting. The results, I promise would be worth your while.

I plan to share - not going to hold back anything. You can have my word on it - the knowledge and experience is once in a life time opportunity. 

This blog is set up for this purpose - for sharing my experience and observations...see you all soon in KL ! 

The TeAM talk is scheduled on 27th May at 6pm at Pappa Rich Bangsar.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment